Thursday, October 27, 2005

Received My Copy of Naked Conversations!

Looks like I might be one of the last people to receive the galley copy of Shel and Robert's new book Naked Conversations. I started reading it tonight and have completed the first three chapters. It is extremely well done. I found myself nodding my head and talking to the book! I guess this is because I have been used to reading the chapters online and then 'talking' back by posting comments on the book blog. ;-)

Before receiving my copy, I was wondering - "How different will the book be then the chapters posted in the blog?" (I believe I actually posted something to that effect on the book blog). Well I have to say, I really hope this blog2book idea catches on! The galley copy that I am reading is very well organized, engaging, flows easily from one topic to the next and (most importantly) keeps my attention from beginning to end. I highly recommend this book to anyone wondering what this blogging thing is all about and how they can get it started in their company.

As I have watched this book take shape and evolve over the past 6 months I have launched my own blog - The Mason Technologist, helped to organize an OPML reading list project for our clients and prospects, launched RSS feeds for many of Mason's clients including Bruegger's and Speedline and most recently helped to launch Latino Lingo (a blog about how to bridge the gap to the Hispanic market) which is taking off with leaps and bounds and is quickly becoming the goto spot for Hispanic marketing information!

I fully embrace the ideas that Robert and Shel write about in Naked Lunch and look forward to posting additional comments as I get further into the book!

Great job guys - Naked Conversations is really something to be proud of!

No comments: