Friday, June 02, 2006

Add Email Notification to Your Blog

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have set up a blog for the town of Bethany (www.bethany-ct.com/blog).

There was an editorial on one of our local weekly papers here in town that talks about needing to update the methods of communication in town. Since RSS probably won't become a mainline tool until the next version if Internet Explorer comes out, I think it would be a good idea to add an email subscription link.

I use Feedblitz through my feed through feedburner for this blog, but I figured I would try to find other solutions as well.
I found blog alert (http://shootthebreeze.net/blogalert/) that looks kind of interesting. It has a pretty basic interface for the signup screen with a bunch of google ads. I have signed up. It will be interesting to see the format of the email.

I will do some additional snooping around, but if anyone else has a

No comments: