Thursday, March 08, 2007

I thought Google Only Hired Geniuses!

OK, everyone loves Google right? Sure, generally I'm a big fan myself. Of course I use their search engine, their blogging software and Gmail. OK, so I figure Google can do no wrong - well read on...

We recently purchased a Google Mini Search Appliance for an enterprise client of ours. Great idea, use the Google search algorithm as an internal search solution. Well, not so great - we have been having trouble with the interface configuration as well as the search results not displaying on the second page. I have to say that the Google Mini support is the WORST I have ever experienced in my 12 years in the IT business! First of all, there is absolutely no phone support. Secondly, when a support technician emails you back, they always ask irrelevant questions were already answered in the original support request, wasting every ones time! And lastly, they are so quick to pass the buck. They take no responsibility for solving the problem but send emails about how their service agreement states that they actually don't have to help me at all! Getting these problems resolved are painful and generally a huge headache. Issues that should take less then a day to fix drag out for MONTHS! Shame on you Google, I know you can do better!

Google, if your listening, bring some of those geniuses over to support the Mini! Offer phone support! If support doesn't improve this will definitely be the last Google Search Appliance we purchase.

No comments: