Saturday, December 22, 2007

How to Post a Podcast on Blogger.com

Both a friend of mine on Facebook and my brother asked me how to post MP3s on their blogs. I did a bit of research and think I came up with a good way to do it.

1. Set up a free blog at www.blogger.com
2. Record your podcast using Audacity audacity.sourceforge.net (free for windows or mac).
3. Edit your podcast using Audacity and then export it as an MP3 file.
4. Next, upload your MP3 file to www.boomp3.com. BOOMP3 offers free mp3 hosting. They give you the link code to have a streaming flash file on your blog.
5. Paste the link code in your blog. This puts a streaming flash player on your post.

I just helped my brother to do this on his blog this morning: norkinromania.blogspot.com. Have a listen to the beautiful Romanian Christmas carols.

No comments: