Sunday, January 11, 2009

Best Way To Manage Twitter Stream

I have been using the social networking tool, twitter for quite a few months now and just posted my 2000th tweet this morning!
When I first started, I was using twitter.com for sending and receiving tweets and quickly moved to using my cell phone. I have looked at several twitter clients and used twhirl for a while. (Techcrunch has posted links to an exhaustive list of twitter software.)
I have found the best tool yet called peoplebrowsr.com.

It has quickly become my main twitter interface on both my work and home computer. PeopleBrowsr has tons of features all straight through the browser (no downloads or installs necessary).
A few of the cool features PeopleBrowsr offers are:
  • Tagging friends and other people into groups
  • Find people geographically
  • Search keywords and have a streaming list of tweets with the matching term.
  • Gather your blog, Flickr Photostream, YouTube channel, Facebook profile and more
  • Update your networks
I have a column for friends, one for replies, one for direct messages, one search for my company name, and I am in the process of organizing different users into groups each with their own column (i.e. family, retail, technology etc). the only thing it doesn't have is the ability to post tweets from multiple accounts (could come in handy for keeping personal and business accounts separate).

Check out Brian Solis' blog post for a full run down of features. And a cool video demo by Robert Scoble here. Feel free to follow me on twitter @jcnork or www.twitter.com/jcnork

No comments: