Thursday, July 07, 2005

I read Robert Scoble's post today on how he is having his son Patrick record his own podcasts as a punishment for downloading inappropriate material. I think this is really a cool way to use this as a "teaching moment". His son gets to learn about how to record and post a podcast of his own but in the process he is clear on the fact that his dad does not approve of his listening to those podcasts.

When I saw his post , it immediately reminded me of my dad would discipline me when I was a kid. He would make me read "positive thinking" books from such authors as Norman Vincent Peale and Robert Schuler and then write a report on what I read. He made his point, but used it as a teaching moment and to be honest, I really did learn a lot!

Way to go Robert! Not only are you teaching your son, but all of us in the process as well. I look forward to the next installment and have added your Son's feed to my bloglines account.

No comments: