Friday, August 05, 2005

Ani Won't be touring much anymore :(

As I mentioned previously, I went on our annual trek to the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival at the end of July. Of the 4 days I really only got to hear one complete set (having 3 kids under 5 will tend to make that happen). But I did everything I could to make sure I could see Ani DiFranco's set. I even took my younger two for a drive at mid-day to get them to nap. I ended up Driving back and forth from Great Barrington Massachusetts to Hudson New York just to get them to sleep!
It was well worth it. Well anyway, this posting in kuro5hin just caught my eye:

Sadly, Ani will not be touring much in the near future.
Age is finally catching up with the diminutive troubadour, leaving her with tendonitis, and other repetitive stress injuries. As the show progressed, the degree of the injury became clear, with Ani shaking her arm often to relieve cramping. At one point, this was so noticeable the crowd hushed (maybe
expecting an end to the concert) a lone voice called out "we'll miss you". Down front, we could see the tear in the eye, as she began the next song, warrior-like, dropping to her knees in front of the adoring audience.

I'm even more appreciative that I got to see her maybe for the last time live! Thanks for such a great show Ani!


No comments: