Monday, August 22, 2005

Pandora Rocks The House



What do Greg Brown, Martin Sexton, ColdPlay, and Supergrass have in common? Hmmmm, I don't know, what DO they have in common? Well, I plugged these singers into a new website that just launched called Pandora to see how they handled the mix. Thanks to an invite from Michael Arrington, I was able to get a sneak peak at the new music service that calculates my musical preferences based on data collected as part of the Music Genome Project.
The best part is it streams the whole song in high quality audio without any plug-ins needed!

This is the coolest service. It kept me entertained all day. It started getting a little off track at one point, but I clicked the button to tell them I didn't like the song and it kept me groovin without one repeat! Even cooler, it gave me a chance to hear some bands that I always wanted to listen to such as Apples In Stereo and Red House Painters. One thing I wish it had, was a way for me to tag an artist in my 'clips' list so I could check out more of their stuff later. I found that I ended up writing down new bands on a sheet of paper, but it would be cool to tie all this to my Pandora profile online! The other suggestion I have is to make it easier to send feedback. Right now there is a link to an email address off on a subpage somewhere. It would be easier to have a support form to help us report any bugs, errors or suggestions that we have as we test out the system. But over all this thing totally rocks.

I have already forwarded this to 5 'music lovin' friends and they are literally dancing in the isles! My wife is listening to it right now as I type this and is LOVING it.

You have to check it out! I have 20 more invites so shoot me an email if you want one.

No comments: