Saturday, August 13, 2005

Straight Forward Blogging Policy

Many of our clients are either starting a blog or thinking about it. Generally, its a good idea to write up your company's stance on blogging with a clear understanding of the boundaries. Buzz Marketing With Blogs posted the Hill & Knowlton blog policy which is easy to understand and seems to cover all the bases:

  • I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly
  • I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes
  • I will never delete a post
  • I will not delete comments unless they are spam or off-topic
  • I will disclose conflicts of interest (including client relationships) where I am able to do so
  • I will not publish anything that breaches my existing employment contract
  • I will distinguish between factual information/commentary and advertising
  • I will never publish information I know to be inaccurate
  • I will disagree with other opinions respectfully
  • I will link to online references and original source materials directly
  • I will strive for high quality with every post - including basic spell checking
  • I will write deliberately and with accuracy
  • I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly
  • I will restrict my posting to professional topics
  • I will write on a regular basis, at least once each week



No comments: